Food & Beverage
Food production and packaging holds some of the biggest challenges of machine vision technologies due to the high variance in the visual appearance of natural materials and objects. The way from the raw material to the packaged good requires various complex production steps. The ever-growing pace of production plus increasing demands regarding hygiene, food quality as well as legal requirements on traceability and correct labelling calls for a high level of automation in both, process control and quality inspection.
YOUR BENEFITS FROM WORKING WITH LAKESIGHT
The Lakesight Group holds a host of expertise in solving demanding imaging tasks in the production and packaging of food and beverages. With our member companies Chromasens and Mikrotron, we can offer high-speed inspection solutions for maximum throughput and accuracy. Especially the 3D scanning technology utilizing ultra-fast color line-scan cameras features unique performance on glossy surfaces, e.g. of bottles or food packaging, and coverage of broad conveyor belts with a single device.
Besides our wide portfolio of machine vision components, like cameras, illuminations, accessories, and image processing software, Lakesight offers a technology framework of different hardware platforms, firmware, and software solutions. Therefore, we can tailor existing components or flexibly combine them with elements of our technology framework creating the right solution for your competitive advantage in food and beverage production.
Our application experts are quick with understanding your individual requirements and it is the passion of our interdisciplinary engineering team to design innovative yet cost-effective machine vision solutions to your needs.
The following standard products are field proven in Electronics:
- For high-speed web inspection
- Up to 8k resolution at 80 kHz
- CCD sensors for high sensitivity and CMOS sensors for high speed
- Available with Camera Link and GigE Vision interface
- Full color resolution with 3 lines (RGB)
- High-speed CCD sensors up to 7K with 29,7 kHz
- High-resolution CMOS sensors up to 15 K with 18.4 kHz
- Multiple region of interest: speed up to 113 kHz
- Camera includes smart encoder and strobing features
- High-speed-3D analyses by using fast line scan cameras
- 3D and color imaging simultaneously with one scan
- High precision color inspection based on color management
- Wide field of view, up to 1400 mm
- 3D-API for fast 3D computation included
- For detailed spectral analysis
- Both, defect detection and color measurement within one scan
- Color measurement for every pixel in the whole image
- Allows for color measurements in CIE-Lab, CIE XYZ and spectral data
- For 3D scanning, and all high-speed applications demanding detailed spatial resolution
- Video captures of, e.g. 25 MP @ 80 fps or 12 MP @ 165 fps
- Fanless design, suitable for dusty and humid ambient conditions
- State-of-the-art CoaXPress and Camera Link interfaces
- Comprehensive triggering and control features via I/O
- Detection and localization of impurities and unwanted particles in cereals, rice, flour, liquids before processing or packaging
- Sorting of fruit by type, size, shape, and quality for accurate packaging
- Inspection of packaging contents and labels, especially at shiny surfaces